Staying at home for weeks due to the COVID-19 pandemic is necessary, but, is it affecting your mental health? Anxiety of battling isolation is worrisome and can impact your mental health. Understanding mental distress in these uncertain times can help you from future adverse impact.
Along with various healthcare organizations, AMRI Hospitals is also doing its bit to safeguard people from the pandemic. Recently, health experts of AMRI laid emphasis on the important of mental health, explaining ways to boost it and the psychosocial aspects of the COVID-19 outbreak, which is stressful for people. Fear and anxiety can disturb the mindset of both children and adults.
Please find below some symptoms and tips recommended by healthcare professionals from AMRI Hospitals to cope with issues related to mental health.
Stress in today’s scenario mostly includes:
- Anxiety about your own health and the health of your family members
- Sleep or eating disorders
- Concentration issues
- Worsening of chronic health problems
- Worsening of mental health conditions
- Increase in consumption of alcohol, tobacco, or other drugs
Although everyone reacts differently to stressful situations, here are a few effective ways to beat stress, as per medical practitioners at AMRI Hospitals:
- Find Things to Do: Activities, like household cleaning, that distract you from the current events can be helpful
- Take a break from watching, reading, or listening to news, including social media; continuous exposure to news on the pandemic can be depressing
- Take good care of your body
- Practice meditation, deep breathing, and physical exercise
- Ensure a balanced diet
- Keep yourself hydrated and ensure good amount of sleep
- Avoid alcohol and drugs
- Try to indulge in activities you love
- Reach out to people you trust to talk about your concerns and feelings