Pediatricians recommend that pediatricians introduce solid food to the baby at least after six months have passed. Before your child hits that stage, it is advised strictly that the children should be on breast-milk.
However, while many are pushing the conventions, there remains a lingering question in the heart of the new mothers, “whether it is okay or not?”
That is what this article intends to do, to answer questions like whether it is the right time to buy baby cereal online?Whether we should introduce the child to solid food or not?
Signs That Tell Your Child Is Ready For Solid Food:
Ensuring that your children are ready for the intake of solid food is crucial before you go on to organic multigrain cereal for babies. The best way to do so is by following certain indications to help you analyze his intentions towards taking solid food.
Generally, when the baby has developed the skills to consume solid food, the cereal should be mixed with the diet. Though doctors recommend that breastfeeding should be continued until the age of 6 months, some babies get prepared sooner than later.
Here are some suggestions that might clarify the confusion regarding ‘should I feed him the cereal or not?’
- Normally, to properly digest the food, one has to eat it while sitting down. A child learns to sit down appropriately between the age of 4 to 6 months old. It is one of the general indications that might give you the green signal to try easy solid foods like applesauce.
- If you see that your baby has ceased the natural tongue-thrusting reflexes, then it is time to introduce solid food at this age.
Point to be noted: The tongue-thrusting reflex is a behavioral pattern that prompts the baby to push out unfavorable food out of his mouth as quickly as someone has put it inside. Nonetheless, this reflex stops at the age of 4 to 6 months mark.
- If you see your child becoming more and more enthusiastic while looking at others try sumptuous foods, it is time to help them out with healthy and nutritious solid foods.
- If they open their mouth whenever food approaches is another sign that you should keep in mind.
- When they have mastered the oral motor skills, they must move the solid food past the throat and swallow it. It is one of the essential things that have to be done.
You have to generally wait for your baby to at least turn four months old before approaching him with solid foods. Giving your children solid foods before he is ready heightens the risk of him suffering from obesity and other health issues.
If you see them performing any of the activities mentioned above, then it is time for you to buy baby cereal online.We suggest that you start with organic rice cereal or oatmeal cereal for your children as it is mild in taste and high in fibre, and iron-fortified. So what are you waiting for?