The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) on Monday issued a set of guidelines to ease coronavirus-induced restriction in Mumbai city in a phased manner. In its ‘Break the Chain’ initiative, the civic body announced reopening of certain regular activities based on the Covid-19 case positivity rate in a particular area to kick-start the economy.
There shall be five levels of restrictions for different class/categories of activities. These levels of restrictions shall be applied based on two parameters: case positivity rate and percentage of oxygen beds occupancy. Every Disaster Management Authority shall enforce these levels of restrictions over administrative units falling under its jurisdiction.
- The timings for shops/establishments dealing with essential will be regular in level 1 and 2, but till 4pm on all days for level 3 and 4. While till 4pm on weekdays and weekends closed except for medical.
- The timings for shops/establishments dealing with non-essential items will be regular in level 1 and 2, but till 4pm on all days for level 3 and closed for level 4 and 5.
- Timings for malls/theatres will be regular for level 1; 50 per cent capacity for level 2; and closed for levels 3, 4, and 5.
- Opening timings for restaurants will be regular in level 1; 50 per cent capacity for dining in for level 2; 50 per cent capacity for dining in till 4pm only on weekdays and afterwards only parcel, takeaways and deliveries in level 3; only parcel/takeaway and home delivery in level 4; and only home delivery, no visiting in level 5.
- Public places/open grounds/walk/cycles will be regular for levels 1 and 2; 5am-9am on everyday for level 3; 5am-9am on weekdays and closed on weekends in level 4; and close in level 5.
- Shooting will be regular for levels 1 and 2; bubble and no movement outside after 5pm for level 3; bubble and no crowd scenes/no movement outside after 5pm on weekdays and no movement outside throughout on weekends for level 4; and closed for level 5.
- Gatherings such as social, cultural, entertainment will be regular in level 1; 50 per cent capacity in level 2; 50 per cent capacity and till 4pm on weekdays in level 3; and closed in levels 4 and 5.
- Marriages to be regular in level 1; 50 per cent capacity in hall with maximum of 100 people in level 2; 50 people in level 3; 25 people in level 4; and one family in level 5.
- For performing funerals, it will be regular in levels 1 and 2; while 20 people each in levels 3, 4 and 5.
- Gyms/salons/beauty centres/spas wellness centres will be regular with timings in level 1; 50 per cent capacity with only appointment in level 2; till 4pm with 50 per cent capacity and appointment with no AC in level 3; till 4pm with 50 per cent capacity and appointment with no AC in and only vaccinated customers in level 4; and closed in level 5.
- Public transport like bus to be regular in level 1; 100 per cent without standing in levels 2 and 3; 50 per cent without standing in levels 4 and 5.